The Ferry Building Gallery will re-open to the public in spring 2023.
This page will be updated when volunteer opportunities become available.
The Ferry Building Gallery is a community gallery run by the District of West Vancouver. Its success depends on a team of dedicated volunteers who share their time and talent to help us fulfil our mandate.
We strive to create an environment that allows our volunteers to give back to the community while developing their own skills, gaining valuable experience and finding personal fulfilment.
- engage with gallery patrons and answer enquiries about the art, artists, the gallery and the surrounding area
- track attendance
- encourage visitors to leave their comments in our guestbook and sign up for our e-newsletter
- sell artwork, books and cards
Great Gifts holiday exhibition and sale:
- set up and maintain gallery displays
- sell merchandise—the show has around 35 artists and is more like a retail store
- handle cash transactions and assist customers on the floor
- gift wrap items
Harmony Arts Festival:
- track attendance
- sell artwork, cards and books
- assist with setup of the ArtsSpeaks tent
- assist at ArtSpeaks workshops, demos and lectures
Evening events and exhibition openings:
- assist with evening events and exhibition openings
- set up chairs and tables, re-arrange the gallery and prepare food and drinks
- serve our patrons, and keep track of who is there
- handle cash transactions
Donate to the gallery
We appreciate the generous support of community members who assist the gallery in maintaining its standard of excellence. You may wish to make a donation to support the gallery’s exhibitions and programs.
We accept cash or cheque donations. A receipt for income tax purposes will be issued for any amount of $25 or more.
Ferry Building Gallery Sponsors